NOTICE OF BETA TESTING PHASE
Please take note that the Website and App are currently in its beta phase and undergoing beta testing. The purpose of this beta phase is to obtain feedback and perform testing on the Website and App’s features and performance, and to identify any defects or inconsistencies in its functionality. Seed will determine the length and scope of its beta phase, and has sole control as to who may access and use the Website and App.
During this beta phase, Seed may make regular changes to the Website and App, and that at times, stability, functionality, and reliability may not be optimal. As a beta user, you therefore recognize that there may be times where you encounter problems such as loss of data, crashes, or other errors. You acknowledge such risks and will not hold Seed or any of its agents, employees, or other individuals associated with Seed liable for any consequences that may arise through the use of the Website and App.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
- SHARING INFORMATION
- YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
- SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
- PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
- CONTACTING US
- LAST REVISION DATE
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Generally. We collect personal information from our users in order to provide you with a personalized, useful and efficient experience. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide. We may collect and store personal information you enter in our Services or provide to us in some other manner, such as when you register for an account, including your name, email address, password, location, address and billing and payment information. We may also collect any communications between you and Seed, as well as any information you provide if you take part in any interactive features of the Services. We also collect information about your use of the Services and your actions on the Services, including information contained in user-generated content you post to the Services. Please remember that Seed may, but has no obligation to, monitor user content posted by our members.
- Information we receive from social networking sites. When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you login through Facebook, or share Seed content on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or other sites, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network, and we will not post information about you on third party social media sites without your consent. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Services.
- Address Book Information. With your permission, Seed may access your contact list available on your mobile device or in your email accounts in order to invite your friends and contacts to connect with our Services. When we invite your friends to join the Services, we will include your name and photo to let them know that you are the person extending the invitation. After sending these invitations, we may also send reminder emails to your invitees on your behalf.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Services, to improve and develop our products and Servicess, and to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages and push notifications, or invite others to join the Services. By using the Servicess, you have consented for us to use your information to: (1) analyze the use of resources, prevent fraud, troubleshoot, improve our products and services, (2) develop new products and services; (3) personalize content, including by sending and displaying targeted advertising; (4) contact you about our Servicess and other information we think may interest you; (5) enable you to provide feedback and for us to respond to the feedback; (6) conduct surveys, promotions, and contests, and provide the results thereof; and (7) generate internal reports.
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our websites or use our Servicess. When you visit the Servicess, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Servicess (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Servicess, and other actions you take on the Servicess), and allow us to track your usage of the Servicess over time. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Servicess. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Servicess, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services and to understand more about the demographics of our users. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Services. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
When you access our Services by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Services; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Services; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
2. SHARING INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with:
- Other companies owned or controlled by Seed Labs, Inc. and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Seed, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include payment processing, identifying and serving targeted advertisements, billing, content and service fulfillment, web hosting or providing analytic services;
- Our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, or who partner with us to provide our Services to you, including, for example, franchise brand owners and other lending partners;
- With your consent, we may share your information with other companies whose products or services may be of interest to you;
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
3. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
Your Account Information. You may change your personal information associated with your account through your account Settings, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Marketing Communications. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, you can click the “unsubscribe” button on promotional email communications. Note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as billing confirmation, change or updates to features of the Services, or technical and security notices.
Online Advertising. We may permit third party online advertising networks to collect information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Services as well as on other websites or apps. Typically, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org). If you access our service on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings.
Data Retention: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to delete your account permanently from our systems.
Deleting or Anonymizing Your Content: If you are under 18 years of age, you may request that the User Content that you posted to the Services be deleted or anonymized such that your personal information will not be identifiable publicly on our Services by contacting us at email@example.com. While we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to delete or anonymize your User Content upon request, please be aware that due to the social nature of our Services, you may not be able to completely remove all of your personally identifiable User Content if, for example, that content has been stored, republished, or reposted by another user or a third party. We may also maintain your information in identifiable form for our internal use, even if your personal data is no longer visible to the public on our Services.
4. SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Seed cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
5. PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Services and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information collected from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Servicess may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, social media sites, and campaign sponsors and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
7. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
8. CONTACTING US
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
Seed Labs, Inc.
620 Folsom St.
San Francisco, CA 94107
9. LAST REVISION DATE
This Policy was last revised on, and effective as of, 08/2015